Distributed Solutions, Inc. (DSI) is a fast-growing company,
seeking a Business Analyst responsible for working closely
with DSI’s Customer Engagement project teams to provide the customer
with business analysis expertise and project support, in a tactical
capacity, evaluating internal and external client requirements and
implementing effective solutions in a timely manner.
The selected candidate will gather, analyze, and document business
requirements (i.e., user stories using interviews, document analysis,
requirements workshops, storyboards, surveys, site visits, business
process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, event lists, business
analysis, competitive product analysis, task, and workflow analysis,
and/or viewpoints) and functional requirements (decompose high-level
business and user requirements into functional requirements). The
analyst will apply these functional & business requirements in
collaboration with peers on the project deliver product enhancements,
validate business processes, test configurations, and resolve end-user questions.
Must have an Active TS/SCI with polygraph ONLY, all others
need not apply.
- Ability to define and document customer business processes
and functions including business process diagrams, data maps,
test plans and test scripts.
- Ability to perform process re-engineering.
- Consult with project team members and customer stakeholders
to identify, define, and document business needs and
objectives, current operational procedures, and challenges related
to the business functions such as those supporting the Federal
- Collaborate with the DSI project manager, technical analysts,
and customer end-users in the analysis, design, configuration,
testing and maintenance of DSI's AEON platform to ensure
desired operational performance.
- Track and document changes for functional and business
specifications; write detailed universally understood
procedures for testing uses cases, knowledge capture and training purposes.
- Perform quality assurance review and validation of
deliverables for both, internal and external delivery.
- Achieve proficiency in all major DSI products, including the
AEON software suite: through internal staffing training,
self-guided tutorials, and daily exposure to individual product
- Provide support for a variety of meetings, demonstrations,
and program activities.
- Test projects in accordance with business and functional
design following best practices for quality assurance.
- Record and track defects uncovered during test execution and
assist in defect resolution (troubleshooting and researching).
- Provide input during requirements development as well as test
case development and review.
- Comprehension of change management processes.
- Provide on-site shoulder-to-shoulder user support in the
effective utilization of the implemented solution.
- Answer functional user questions as it relates to
understanding the business process implementation and utilizing
the solution to do user work.
- Record/document and report any issues reported by end users
with the implemented business process or implemented software
following the appropriate reporting processes.
- Other duties as assigned.