Distributed Solutions, Inc. (DSI) is a fast-growing company, seeking
a Business Intelligence / Data Reporting Analyst
responsible for working closely with DSI’s Customer
Engagement project teams to provide the customer with business
analysis expertise, report creation and dashboard design, in a
tactical capacity, evaluating internal and external client
requirements and implementing effective solutions in a timely manner.
The selected candidate will gather, analyze, and document
functional/reporting requirements (i.e., user stories using
interviews, documentation analysis, site visits, use cases, scenarios)
and design, assemble and deliver reports and dashboards for DSI’s AEON
Business Process Management platform in a manner consistent with
- Ability to define and document customer business processes and
report/dashboard content needs including business process diagrams,
data maps, and modeling.
- Ability to produce reports and dashboard using Microsoft Power BI,
SSRS and other data tools.
- Ability to consolidate, interpret and present data in
reports/dashboards for Executive, Team Leads and Individual End Users.
- Consult with project team members and customer stakeholders to
identify, define, and document business needs and objectives,
current reporting capabilities, and challenges related to the
business functions such as those supporting the Federal Acquisition Lifecycle.
- Collaborate with the DSI project manager, technical analysts, and
customer end-users in the analysis, design, configuration, testing
and maintenance of the Business Intelligence module of DSI's AEON
Business Process Management Platform to ensure desired operational
performance and capabilities.
- Track and document changes for functional and business
specifications; write detailed universally understood procedures for
testing uses cases, knowledge capture and training purposes.
- Perform quality assurance review and validation of deliverables
for both, internal and external delivery.
- Achieve proficiency in all major DSI products, including the AEON
software suite: through internal staffing training, self-guided
tutorials, and daily exposure to individual product feature sets.
- Provide support for a variety of meetings, demonstrations, and
program activities related to Business Intelligence.
- Test projects in accordance with business and functional design
following best practices for quality assurance.
- Record and track defects uncovered during test execution and
assist in defect resolution (troubleshooting and researching).
- Comprehension of change management processes.
- Other duties as assigned.